How to set up your Oculus headset
To start, plug the charging cord into your Meta Quest headset and a power source to begin charging it. The charging indicator turns green once it's fully charged. If you haven't already charged your Meta Quest, we recommend keeping your headset connected to power while it runs the initial updates.
You MUST sign into your headset using a Facebook Account.
Download the Oculus mobile app and create your account.
If you're new to Meta or using Meta Quest, a Facebook account is required to use your device, apps, and the app store. You can create a Facebook account by tapping “Sign Up” on the first screen of the device setup process in the Oculus mobile app.
Adjust your headset fit and view.
1. To start, you'll want to gently adjust the lenses by shifting them left, then right until they click into the position that allows you to see what's on the screen most clearly.
2. Next, adjust the side straps. To do this, move the two sliders on either side of the top strap.
3. To loosen the side straps, move the sliders toward the top strap. To tighten the side straps, move the sliders away from the top strap.
4. After you move the sliders, re-center the top strap between the sliders so that the two sides are equal, and the top strap is centered on your head when you put the headset on.
5. Keep in mind, that you'll need to remove the headset from your head to re-adjust the side straps with the sliders.
6. If you're wearing glasses, make sure to insert the glasses spacer. When you're ready to put the headset on, put it on from the front to back.
7. Place the headset on your head, then remove it and make any additional adjustments to the side straps as needed.
8. Once you've got the side straps set, put your headset back on and adjust the top strap. You can adjust the top strap by pulling apart the Velcro and re-attaching it so that your Meta Quest 2 rests lightly on your face and the picture is clear.
9. You can fine-tune your headset fit and clarity by gently moving the firm arms on either side of your Meta Quest 2 up and down to adjust the angle of the headset against your face.
10. Once your headset is adjusted, follow the instructions in-VR and in the Oculus mobile app to complete the setup process.
To connect to Wi-Fi from your headset.
1. Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
3. Select Wi-Fi.
4. Select the toggle to turn Wi-Fi on, then select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password.
5. Select Connect.
To add friends to your account from your Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest, or Go:
• Press on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
• Select People.
• Select Search Friends.
• Select Search name or username and enter your friend's username or first and last name.
• Select next to someone's name to add them as a friend.
• Lastly send an invitation to DavidWayneYBE (The Instructor)
How to make a Facebook account.
1. Go to facebook.com/reg.
2. Enter the name you go by in everyday life.
3. Enter your email or mobile phone number.
4. Select your gender and date of birth (for class purposes select 1/1/2000 for DOB)
5. and choose a password.
6. Tap Sign Up.
7. To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
How to make a Discord account.
To start using Discord, you will first need to create and set up an account. This account will allow you to use Discord in your preferred web browser and quickly start finding communities for your favorite interests. You can then customize how you are notified of activity in those communities, making sure you always stay up to date.
1. Go to discordapp.com.
2. Click Open Discord in your browser.
3. Enter the username you want to use and click the arrow.
4. Complete the Captcha as directed.
5. A popup will appear and give you the option to Get Started with creating a new server, or skipping ahead to finish creating your account. Click Skip.
6. Discord will then ask you to claim and secure your account by entering your email address and setting a password. When done, click Claim Account.
7. A popup will appear to offer a download link for the Discord desktop application, click X to skip this for now.
8. To complete the account creation process, log into your email account and find the confirmation email. Click the link within that email to verify your new Discord account.
9. Lastly, Join the VR Class Discord Server: The link will be provided via email.